Thursday 14 May 2015

Dear Dan

This is a little letter I have written to my partner. I share it, not to boast about my relationship or to let everyone know how much I love him, but as a reminder to myself that he puts a smile on my face everyday.
I've recently read, that often after giving birth women can dislike their partners for a few weeks and everything they do annoys them. I wanted something I can read back just incase :)
Our life's are about to change, I know it's going to be tough, there's going to be pointless arguments,  stress and I'm  sure a lot of sleep less nights but  I don't want to forget what a  he really means to me.

Dear Dan 


I never thought I would be where I am now. I've experience so much and tried so much more because of your encouragement.
I remember when you asked me to move in with you and I think I changed my mind 2 or 3 times before I come to the decision I would. It was the scariest but most exciting day, I remember getting upset because I'd left home and was creating a new one, but you come home (with flowers I think) and comforted me, understood that it wasn't because I thought I'd made a bad decision but because it was a big step in my life. I was used to coming home to Kea greeting me at the door and the TV on with people in, but now everything was quiet and lights where off. It took some time to settle in but Dan you made it so much easier, together we made that tiny flat become ours and our little home.
Moving in with you happened very quickly but it was the best decision I ever made! We had some crappy times but every single one has allowed us to learn each others boundaries and respect each others space as well as understanding each others needs. Living together in a studio flat was going to be make or break for us but we managed it and it's given us what we have now!

I'm 38 weeks  pregnant, I'm enjoying putting my feet up and having some me time before our little one arrives. This time last year I'd ran the marathon and was planning to run my 2nd! I had a lot of motivation through my training from a few people and you was one of them, you encouraged me to train and kept me going, unclipped my sports bra when my arms were to tired to reach round, got me some water and undone my trainers. On the big day just seeing your face made me want to finish, it gave me that little boost to carry on. This year I'm certainly going to need that support again and maybe a hand to squeeze!
Just like I have, you've watched my body change, you know how hard I have found it and but you have reminded me everyday that I'm beautiful.  For the last 2 years you've been incredible helping me through a tough time with my weight. I've never been overweight and I know that now. I was never happy with the way I looked, I wasn't comfortable in my own skin. There was always something that could be better but you always insisted I was beautiful just the way I was.
When we decided we wanted children I never knew what impact it would have on my body or how I would react. It's been a bit of a roller coaster. Ive had to change the way I think and go with the flow, you've been there to talk me through that. You put your arms around me when I've been upset and you've taught me to love my bump and love the way I look now.

Dan thank you for everything you have done and continue to do. I know I can be a handful, I become a brat and a moody cow at times (more like every night for the last 2 weeks) but somehow you manage to snap me out of it (usually going to bed a leaving me to sulk hehe) We have got so many incredible memories together and so many more to create.

I love you
       x




No comments:

Post a Comment